Thursday 25 September 2008

Visa Fiasco

Today I travelled down to London on the train to finally sort out our small issue of Duncan’s Visa. We were all set to go with two weeks before we travelled, the passports had arrived with a Sierra Leone visa inside. Bonus! The next task was to send them off to the Embassy of the Republic of Liberia so we could do a week church visit to the Episcopal Church there. My problem was I became too complacent that this would be easy. Two days later we discovered that Duncan’s passport was missing, we had the house turned upside down and nothing. So we clicked into action a phone call was made to the passport office, we need an appointment as soon as possible. “Tomorrow in Liverpool at 3.30pm sir”, was the response. I took up the mantle and off I trot to sort it out, fortunately it arrived two days later Wednesday 3rd September. Next issue was to get a Visa for Sierra Leone as it was essential for our arrival in Freetown on the 12th. Again I set off to, this time to London. We decided while I was there to get visas for Liberia too. So I got on a train at 7.22am and got in at Euston at 9.16am. Then to work some magic so I could be back on the 3.17pm train home. By the grace of God with a little bit of coming and going we achieved our goal. The excitement is real now! Just two days and we will land in Freetown to start what will be a life changing experience for us both, but hopefully for all those children of the schools we will meet and those of future generations

No comments: