Tuesday 7 October 2008

Sunday 5th October

Fortunately we didn’t get up to too much the night of my birthday –even though Leeds won the grand final (GET IN THERE!!!!). So I expected us all to wake fairly easily this morning. Unfortunately not so, I was in a world of my own with my earplugs in but Dunc and Loz told me that there was a band night at the seafarers and that went on to the early hours of the morning. On top of that Dunc had had another bad night with his stomach, bad times! So we left him in bed for the morning service. We were going to Holy Trinity, Kissy Rd. It was a service to rededicate the organ which during the war along with the church had been burnt down! I was acting as Bishops Chaplain although I had no idea what I was doing the Bishop looked after me well, not only that I got a huge chair with a fan in front – good times.

As we arrived the Bishop informed us the Vice president of Sierra Leone was going to arrive and we must greet him. When he eventually turned up 10 mins late his entourage of twenty got out of the car, it was like meeting Mariah Carey. The service then proceeded it lasted four and a half hours which is certainly a record in my book, quite normal here though.

After the service we had a few beers and some food with the Bishop at the Church and headed back. Dunc was feeling a little better by now so he decided to come to the beach with us along with Fatta and Ansu. We had a good hour swimming and headed home. It really is a tough life out here! I have sent Dunc to bed early to sleep off his stomach bug and myself and Lozza will have another night with the Uno cards.

No comments: